Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rocking Worship

So until recently, Matias would not let me rock him to sleep. He would either nurse himself to sleep or I would have to bounce him to sleep. He would fight like crazy every time I sat down to rock him. However, for the past 2 weeks he has started letting me rock him to sleep. He also really likes a particular lullaby CD I got him. It is called "The Praise Baby Collection: This is My Father's World". If he wakes up sooner than he should from his nap, I just go in and turn on this CD and he will put himself back to sleep. It has been such a blessing! So last night I turned on the CD and sat down to rock him. I was really tired, so I prayed that God would allow this rocking time to go smoothly and for Matias to fall asleep quickly. I started singing along to the CD while Matias rested his head on my shoulder and I rocked back and forth. Soon I found myself in my own little praise and worship service! It was so awesome! Here I was rocking my precious blessing to sleep and at the same time worshiping my God in song! I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with my Heavenly Father last night and thankful that God answered my prayers by allowing Matias to go to sleep quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment