Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blessed

I have truly enjoyed every second I have spent with Matias this week! He has been a very happy baby now that he is back on a schedule. I never really realized what a happy, easy-going baby he was until recently. I didn't really have another baby to compare him to. But after talking to other moms, I realized that Matias is not the norm.
  1.  He regularly sleeps 9-10 hours a night, which gives me time to pick up the house, spend time with my husband, or read after he goes to bed. After that, I can still get 8 hours of sleep. He also takes two (2-3 hours each) naps a day! That gives me time to blog, clean the house, or cook. I love naptime!
  2. He loves to eat! Matias is eating 15-20 ounces of food a day and nursing 4 times a day. He eats almost anything! His favorite foods are asparagus, squash, and peaches. I think he must be going through a growth spurt because the amount of food he is eating seems like a lot! We call him "Our Little Porker."
  3. He is starting to play by himself quite often. Granted, he completely by-passes the toys and goes straight to Mommy and Daddy's stuff, but if pulling books off of a shelf makes him happy, that's fine with me! I pick up those books about 5 times a day.
  4. He is a great traveler! He plays, watches a movie, or sleeps in his car seat. He rarely ever cries while in the car. I actually just ordered him a new car seat. It is a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL. (I did not order the color shown on the link). I will give you a quick product review on it once we have tested it out!

I don't know why I am so surprised that he loves to eat and sleep. Peter and I both LOVE to eat! I consider myself to be a "foodie".  I just love food, but I have always told Peter that as much as I love eating, I would always choose to sleep over eating! Any of you who know Peter should also know that he loves to sleep! That man can (and does) fall asleep anywhere, at anytime! I feel so blessed to have such a happy baby! I thank God for him every day, sometimes more than once!


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-15 
Mom, I'm busy! No time to pause for pictures!
I just love making a mess!
Ooo, what is all of this stuff in here?
He has started pointing at everything lately!




3 comments:

  1. omg, he's a cutie! i could eat him up...luv his cheeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he has changed quite a bit just since you were home. He is such a sweet baby! Be glad to see you and him next month. This is Aunt Donna logged in on Uncle Dave's account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cutie! I love your blog : )
    My first one (she's almost 22 now) was a very easy baby too. I don't want to scare ya, but......the first thing that comes to mind when I read your happy words is this: God gives us an easy one first.....so we'll have more. Then we do, and oh brother. God does have a remarkable sense of humor. Enjoy Matias Emily : ) They're all different and wonderful in their own ways.
    Take care and be well.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete