Friday, May 6, 2011

Matias's 1st Birthday Party

You know how you always want their first birthday to be special and memorable (at least for you)... Well, we will definitely remember this birthday! My parents arrived on Thursday evening. We spent Friday preparing all the baked goods for the party. Matias seemed very happy that day and had an overall good day. We were celebrating his birthday on Saturday even though his birthday was not until Monday. Saturday started out pretty good. Things were going as planned and the meal was on the table on time. I made pizza, Pasta House salad and Teriyaki wings. Matias loves pizza so I knew he was going to eat it up...but he didn't. He didn't really want to eat at all! He was fussy through the entire meal and just didn't seem interested. I just thought that he might be tired, but we powered through opening gifts before nap time.

He normally loves opening gifts, but we kind of had to force him to open them. He still seemed to enjoy it, just not as much as I had expected. After opening gifts, I put him down for a nap. He took a nap, but was very restless. After his nap we did the "Cake Smashing". Again, I thought he would love this...not so much. He did it, but he didn't act like he was really enjoying it. Once he got icing all over his hands he got really frustrated and was done! I took him inside and gave him a bath. He felt kind of warm to me so I took his temperature. 100.5!!! The poor kid had probably been running a fever all day and felt awful! But to please his Mommy he just kept on truckin'!!! I felt so bad! We gave him Tylenol, which brought down his fever for a while. I gave him another dose of Tylenol before he went to bed at 10:00pm. Peter checked his temperature at 11:30 and it was 103!!! So I called the doctor and was told to go straight to the Emergency Room!!! The Tylenol should have been working by then. We arrived at the ER around midnight. They gave Matias Motrin and his fever went down. But of course you all know how the ER works... We were there from 12:00-3:30am! I was soooo tired! Thankfully Matias was feeling better. He actually was ready to play as soon as his fever went down! We had a hard time keeping him in the room! Anyway, I saved his ID bracelet from the hospital to keep as a memento. We weren't able to go to church on Easter Sunday or wear our Easter outfits, but we are thankful that Matias is feeling better and praise God for all He has blessed us with!

The Spread!
The Dessert!

The Name Stool my Dad made for Matias.
My on Camelback!

Cake Smashing!

Milk break.

The clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment