Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MIA/Kitchen Incomplete

I know I have been MIA for a while. We have had a lot going on around here. This month has flown by! I can't believe that July is almost over! We started our kitchen remodel on June 25th. Well that was the date that we tore out the cabinets.
Before Pictures...


Demo... didn't take long at all!


 The following week we patched, painted and did whatever needed to be done before the cabinets could be installed.

Cabinet installation went well! Peter, my Dad and brother had the cabinets installed in 2 days (July 2 & 3). So everything was going very well and getting done quick! It was so nice to see it come together so quickly... then they came to measure for the counter top...
My new cabinets!

Still missing the pantry in this pic.

Making sure the cabinets are strong enough to hold all of Mommy's dishes.

here comes the bad news! The counter top is on back order... 3-4 weeks! Well that was what they told us on July 5th. It has now been 3 weeks today... still waiting on a phone call! Thankfully we have part of our old counter top temporarily sitting on top of the cabinets and we have our old sink temporarily set up. I had already gone without a workable kitchen for almost 2 weeks, so I was so happy just to get a temporary set up! However, I am beginning to become more and more frustrated with the counter top company! I just want my kitchen finished! Anyway, this is part of the reason I have been MIA! Once the kitchen remodel started things got kinda crazy around here. And I haven't been posting recipes because I haven't been cooking... which I really miss. I am a much happier person when I am cooking! Hope to be posting my finished kitchen sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment